Our Commitment to Anti-Racism Work
In summer 2020, STAR’s CEO and Vice President issued a statement about institutional change to eliminate racism being a moral imperative. Since that time, we’ve been engaging in conversations internally with fellow staff to set priorities for advancing this type of institutional change within STAR.
Similarly to how we prioritize institutional and culture change to eliminate sexual violence, we are focusing on institutional and culture change to eliminate racism within our sphere of control, and to make demands to eliminate racism in our sphere of influence. With this framework in mind, below are some agency-wide objectives we’ve set for this year to reach these goals.
- Launch an anti-racism committee.
- Facilitate critical conversations among staff.
- Develop policies and procedures and provide staff training.
- Update STAR’s core training.
- Review our community partnerships.
- Think more intentionally about leadership development within STAR.
- Maintain STAR’s Person of Color Network.
We will continue to further develop these goals and explore options for influencing external systems. We look forward to providing updates in the form of quarterly reports. If you have any questions or suggestions, please email email@example.com.