Work With Us
Expressing an interest in working for STAR® is the most sincere form of flattery we can receive. Thank you for considering us as a place of employment. When job openings become available, they are posted here.
Community Educator - Alexandria
STAR is hiring a part-time community educator to assists with program and curriculum development, school and community outreach, and delivering education to carry out the mission of STAR. This position works out of STAR’s Office in Alexandria, Louisiana.
Counselor - Alexandria
STAR is hiring a full-time counselor for our Alexandria office. The counselor is responsible for providing individual and group counseling to sexual trauma survivors and their loved ones. Other duties may include the supervision and training of staff/volunteers/interns that support the program This position works out of STAR’s Office in Alexandria, Louisiana.
Resource Advocate - Baton Rouge
STAR is hiring a Resource Advocate for our Baton Rouge office. The Resource Advocate is responsible for the assessment of the individual survivor’s needs and works with community resources to fulfill needs which may include shelter, counseling, referrals, food, property return, and general advocacy and support. The Resource Advocate assists with the daily operations of advocacy services and insuring that all data and client documentation is appropriately maintained.
STAR’s internship program supports the agency mission through graduate and undergraduate internships and offers a collaborative, supportive and creative learning environment with many opportunities for students to work autonomously with the guidance of a supervisor, integrate theory and practice, and develop new projects and initiatives within a non-profit, social service organization. Individuals interested in interning at STAR can click here to apply.
What You Should Know About Our Internships
- Internship hours can be part-time and schedules are flexible. The minimum number of hours may be established by individual school requirements.
- Each student intern will have administrative supervision from a staff person in their field of study. For graduate internships, clinical supervision is available for those requiring LCSW supervision in social work.
- Undergraduate internships must be at least 1 semester in length. Some positions may require longer commitments.
- Graduate internships must be at least 2 semesters in length.
- For internships involving direct services, STAR’s 40-hour CORE Advocacy Training is required. It is expected that interns complete this training prior to beginning their internship.
- Most internships are available year-round.
- Applicants must consent to and successfully complete a full background investigation, which includes a criminal history check and finger printing.
- There may be more than one student in each internship position at any given time as the number of internships available varies depending on the program and position.
- Students are required to submit a professional cover letter and resume and attend an interview to be considered for an internship position.
- Internships are in high demand and the number of internships available may be limited. Because of this, it is strongly recommended that students begin the application process as early as possible.
- Internships are unpaid.